Pureed Zucchini Sauce

Pureed Zucchini Sauce by Custom Taste
I have a very and loyal love affair with zucchini. It is my absolute favourite vegetable (or is it a fruit?). You can eat it cooked, baked, in a soup, raw, anyway and everyway. I have even seen some recipes use it in cakes! Those are next on my list to try.  I came up with this one day when i wanted some creamy but low cal as well. This ended up being perfect!

Shopping List
  • 1/2 A Large Zucchini
  • 1/4 Cup + 1TBSP Almond Milk
  • Pinch Salt
  • Optional: other spices that fit the flavour profile you are aiming for. I wanted something cheesy so I added some nutritional yeast and brown mustard.
Hardware
Knife
Cutting board
Blender or food processor
Measuring Cup and Spoon
Time 4 Minutes
Prep 4 Minutes
Cook *Optional
Yield 1 Serving Size

Time To Get Pureeing!!!
Dice up your zucchini. I cut into four parts and then chopped from there
Pureed Zucchini Sauce by Custom Taste
Drop into your blender or food processor
Pour in half the almond milk and give it a good blend (you could add spice here if they need to be blended at all)
Pureed Zucchini Sauce by Custom Taste
Add in the spices and rest of the milk and blend until it reaches your desired consistency
*Optional: if you would like the sauce warmed; bring to a simmer and then remove from the stove
Serve and enjoy!!!

Serving
The actually measurement came out out to be in between a 1/2 cup and 3/4 cup or so. I ate mine with thin spaghetti, so you can do that OR use it as a dip. If you are really crazy, and I guess in a hurry, shoot it! Although, I would recommend eating something else as well.

Storing and Reheating
Obviously I ate mine right away but you make a bigger batch I would stick to the ways you usually store and reheat other "milk" based sauces.

Nutritional Information
Calories 35
Fat 1g
Carbs 4g
Protein 1g

Cost Information
Recipe Cost:$0.56
Cost Per Serving:$0.56

Tricks
If you want to get it thick try throwing in some nuts that have been soaked in water overnight or some tofu. If you don't mind eating cows milk try using whole milk or half and half instead of almond milk!







Comments