Food Foto

Quick Salad w/ boiled eggs
I decided to make quick salad fixings on my days off, so I have quick lunches for the days that I do work. In a storage container I chopped up lettuce, zucchini, cucumber, tomatoes and some onion. I also add about 1/2 cup to 1 cup corn kernels, a handful of nuts and seeds as well as raisins. In a different container I store boiled  and peeled eggs, usually about 5 or 8 that I can quickly slice and then throw on the salad. I also used a store bought salad dressing (balsamic) but to stretch it a little bit more I mixed about 1 cup salad dressing w/ 1 cup apple cider vinegar. ACV is really got digestion and it cuts down the amount of calories but it also really great w/ any kind of salad you might be making. Doing the prep work only take about 15 minutes (sometimes less) and saves me a ton of time during my lunch breaks, so I can enjoy my break or catch up on any chores that need to be done. If you work outside of the home (and have a fridge at work) you can make this and just take it with you. An easy, yummy and good for you salad already made when your lunch break rolls around.  

Comments