Keto Raspberry Mojito



Being a (predominantly) keto eater, going to the lake always gives me the urge for a refreshing cocktail (or 5, but I digress). My in-law's Lakehouse has been taken over by mint so mojitos or some mint themed drink is always a must. I recently had started drinking flavoured sparkling water and decided to give it a whirl. Instead of rum I used vodka to cut down on (some) of the sugars.



Enjoy!




1 Oz Vodka
6 Oz Sparkling Soda
4 large leaves fresh mint
Ice
*If you prefer to use plain carbonated soda you might want to get lime or lemon just to give your mojito some flavour.

At least a 12 oz glass is best for this cocktail
A shaker if you have one. If you don't, your hand as a lid will be fine.

Since I am one for quick drinks that don't make a mess I didn't mind not using a shaker for this quick cocktail. *If you decide to use a shaker simply make sure to transfer your drink into the glass before adding the sparkling soda and more ice.

LET'S GET DRINKING!
In your glass* drop in a handful of ice and rip up your mint leaves into the glass. Using one hand "cap" the top the glass while using the other to hold it. Shake hard for 30 seconds.

Place back on counter and add in vodka. Swirl a bit to loosen the ice up. 

Pour in soda and add in fresh ice on top. Top with extra mint or lime. 🍹


Comments