The Meatless Lifestyle 06/13/13

They always say better late than never, right? This is from my first day as a meatless eater. It took me awhile to get this up because I only have about 1 hour to 2 hours a day to work while Little Guy naps. So not only to I have to work on the blog but also do my workout, take a quick shower, and get some quick cleaning in. Little Guy helps me with the cleaning, but if you are around small children often you know that it is just be faster to do it yourself. Hope these posts help any of you out there looking to be meatless or looking for any "Meatless Monday" meal ideas!


Breakfast:
I missed a picture of breakfast this morning. We are waking up much earlier now in preparation for Little Guy. So I wasn't all there this morning. However, I do remember what I ate. I had 1 homemade black bean patty (look for the recipe coming up) with 2 slices of a roma tomato, 1 soft boiled egg, half a  banana and 1 cup of black tea
Calories 220 Carbs 34g Fat 6g Protein 12g Fiber 6g

Lunch:
Now, I did get a picture of lunch. 
For lunch I had 1/4 cup uncooked millet (of course I cooked it before eating it), 1 cup of chopped mushrooms, 1/2 half a small white onion, 1/4 cup chopped carrots, 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast and 1/4 cup goat's milk all cooked together. It was super easy and super filling. To drink I had 16 oz of homemade grapefruit juice (that recipe will be posted soon as well)
Calories 472 Carbs 88g Fat 5g Protein 22g Fiber 12g

Dinner:
I did a big workout today so I was able to eat a big, nutritious, and delicious dinner. My dinner consisted; of 2 small/medium potatoes baked plain, 1 can of rinsed and drained well green beans, a salad that had; 2 roma tomatoes, 1 cup of chopped and shredded lettuce w/ 1 TBSP of raspberry vinaigrette. To drink I had 2 glass of ice water
Calories 446 Carbs 98g Fat 4g Protein 13g Fiber 17g


Comments