The Meatless Lifestyle 08/05/13 and my new fave show to watch while working out.



Orange Is The New Black of course! We have Netflix instead of cable and I have been taking full advantage of is this past week. Getting caught up on Firefly, watched a new chef series and finally started watching OITNB. I love it. First off the casting is incredible! I mean Kate Mulgrew is in it and the voice of Patty Mayonnaise (yes, the one from Doug). I guess secondly I should mention Laura Prepon (Donna from that 70s show) and Natasha Lyon (she was in a lot of the American Pies). I am not one to gush over "celebrities" but so many women in the show are strong actors and have always played strong characters also were a huge part of my growing up (American Pies was late teens though) . I am only a few episodes in and loving it! It is a Netflix Original so it is R-rated and has very dark humour. Honestly, I cried a few times from laughing, sadness AND happiness. The show was written by Piper Kerman based off of her experiences while in prison for a year. If you decide to watch it, beware. It is very crude and not for the faint of heart. Yesterday was full of catching up on posts, working out and other chores. Also, so very sorry about these pictures. My phone's camera has been acting weird. Should probably think about updating it soon....

Breakfast
1 soft boiled, 3/4 cup of Kashi Go Lean Crisp Cinnamon Crumble, 1 cup non-sweet almond milk, 4 large strawberries and 1 cup of coffee

Calories 392 Carbs 58g Fat 16g Protein 18g Fiber 11g

Lunch
Grilled aged cheddar and mushroom baking soda biscuit, 1 cup cooked millet with siracha sauce, soy sauce, mushrooms and zucchini, and a pear










Calories 411 Carbs 73g Fat 7g Protein 14g Fiber 13g

Dinner
I baked a sweet potato and 1/2 corn on the cob. With that I also had the same millet stuff I have for lunch but ended up making mini lettuce wraps with it and had 1/2 cup of Back To Nature macaroni and cheese.
Calories 355 Carbs 53g Fat 5g Protein 11g Fiber 5g

Dessert
1 small baked pear with caramelized nuts
Calories 195 Carbs 49g Fat 1g Protein 1g Fiber 4g







Comments