The Meatless Lifestyle 08/13/13



This was super fun, I was feeling extra creative with some recipes and it had been a while since a day like that had happened. Also everything (minus my breakfast yogurt) was homemade. Bread, bean burgers, tortillas all of it. I also got in another morning yoga session and 20 minutes of afternoon pilates. I did realise (even though I already knew) how truly important it is to have a day to "Stock yourself". Stock yourself means making any burgers, breads, soups, or other base meal ingredients you might need throughout the week. The burgers, bread and tortillas were made the day before, so I could focus what were in my meals instead of trying to whip something quick or slave over a stove. Making sure you have the base items also helps you to make sure you are getting a well rounded meal each and every time. You don't even need a whole day just a few hours. Utilize any of your machine (if you have them). For the bread and tortillas dough I will sometimes use the bread machine and for the beans for bean burgers I will use the slow cooker to cook the beans. If you make a lot of soups use the slow cooker to make the broth or the soup itself. Try to schedule when you can, your health is important. If you have time to browse the internet, watch TV or pick your nose you have to stock yourself.

Breakfast
2 Slices Whole Wheat bread with 1 TBSP Banana Spread, 1 TBSP creamy peanut butter, 1 TSP honey grilled on my sandwich press. I also have 2 large chopped strawberries with 2 oz of greek yogurt and a coffee(not pictured)
Calories 464 Carbs 67g Fat 18g Protein 12g Fiber 9g

Lunch
1 bean and rice burger, 1 fried egg, 1/4 steam zucchini with chili powder, 1 1/2 cups lettuce, 1/2 tomato, 1 TBSP Italian dressing, 2 TSP Sriracha sauce
Calories 258 Carbs 32g Fat 11g Protein 14g Fiber 13g

Dinner
2 Low-Fat Tortillas, 1/4 Cup Taco Quinoa, 1/2 cup lettuce, 1/2 tomato, 1/4 potato sliced, 2 TBSP onion, 2 TBSP greek yogurt with chili seasoning
Calories 368 Carbs 64g Fat 8g Protein 12g Fiber 5g








Comments