Juicing Day 2

Juicing day 2! (↑ as if the title did not give it away or anything) Yes this was well over a month ago, but how long is too long before these "catch-up" posts just become ridiculous? I have no idea. The most annoying part of this juicing adventure is cleaning our danged juicer, every.single.time. It is an old juicer w/ like a bazillion parts! (okay only like 8...but still far too many). One part isn't even functional, just decorative! It, somehow, still manages to get dirty grrr.



Oh and guess what!? PHOTOS of my most hated appliance! Queue the cat walk music puhlease!


So yeah, essentially this is how I feel about my juicer. However, it is old and should probably be updated, BUT it works so pretty well, why replace? (hint: I hate cleaning it. Gunk gets caught in every crevice possible. If this is a common thing please let me know, it would make so happy!)

Pre-breakfast
1/2 Lemon, Juiced
1 Lemon Slice
8 oz Hot Water
Another morning of lemon "tea"..? I guess tea would be the closet word to what it is. Even when I am not juicing I still will drink this in the morning if we have lemons. They go on crazy sales every months. Like 5/$1 sale and large ones, not the tiny ones. Sometimes I will even add cinnamon. During the sweltering summer months though I will just do an overnight lemon water infusion. I try not to drink it throughout the day just because the acids in the citrus can weaken teeth overtime.

Breakfast:
1 Medium Beet, peeled w/ tops
3 Large Carrots
2 Medium Apples (unpeeled)
1 Medium, peeled Lemon

Holy yum! I loved this! I was satisfying with out being overfilling AND it was the perfect account of sweetness. Plus it had a beet and I love me some beets!





































(and here is where taking pictures of anything completely flew away from me)

*Imagine a large glass or a brownish green thick liquid*
Lunch
4 Medium Carrots
8 Large Kale Leafs
2 Tomatoes
6 Large Celery Stalks
1 Medium Potato

One less potato equaled easier to swallow. Also, I love kale in any form. It is a little difficult to juice, with my juicer, unless I mince it. I love the taste and the smells. Its like a slight minty taste to it, so crazy, so yum (again)!


Dinner
5 Large Kale Leaves
2 Large Carrots
1 Medium Tomato
1 Large Celery Stalk
1 Medium Apple (unpeeled)

Surprisingly the apple did not add as much sweetness as I was expecting and I am happy about that fact. This was surprisingly yummy and filling but it did not bloat me like the other juices. Also, this has pretty much all my favourite juices into on. Kale juice has become such a great thing, and one (large) bunch of kale is only $.98, so YAY!

Calories= 684...well apparently not enough planning went into this adventure.






Comments