What is this all about? Goals VS Resolutions and #obligatory Happy New Years!




It is that time of the year again. That time of the year where 99% of our friends, family, co-workers, and all other breathing humans reflect on the previous year and decided on issues that they want to resolve for the current year. So, what is the actual definition of 'resolution' and how does it differ from a 'goal'?

Definition of Resolution (used in the context of New Years Resolutions): a resolve; a decision of determination. The act of resolving or determining upon an action, course of action, method, procedure etc.
Definition of Goal: the result or achievement toward which effort is directed; aim; end. The terminal point in a race.

See the difference yet? Many of us make GOALS such as; I want to lose 10 pounds by (said month). or I want to save X mount of money. A goal is something that has an end point and a timetable that is measurable (my inner teacher is showing).

As for resolutions we make some of those, too. For example; I want to limit my intake of sugars/junk food or I will try to create and stick to a workout plan. These are resolutions since there is no real end time for this ideas and they are considered small changes you make and keep overtime.

Over the next week I am going to be setting six GOALS for 2016 and six RESOLUTIONS for 2016. Why six? Why not!? Just kidding, 12 months to a year so I figured 12 goals and resolution in total and just evenly split them. 

Also obligatory

and this, because it is is hilarious.
YAY 2016!!!!


Comments