#listersgottalist June 9th




Growing up:
My parents and I took a trip to Disneyland/Universal studios. While there we decided to ride the Jaws ride (now permanently closed). I sat in a seat closet the rail because: A. I didn't like sitting next to strangers and B. I wanted to see the water and everything else. Near the end of the ride (after the captain has 'shot' the shark) the brunt up carcass takes one last jump at the boat before sinking to the depths to die. Well, guess who was the ever so lucky passenger that was seated EXACTLY WHERE THE SHARK JUMPS AT? If you guessed me, you are correct. I was eight years. I screamed and literally (according to my parents and the video camera that was running at the time, thanks dad) flew over my dad AND mother before crying into my mother's lap. When it happened, it was the worse memory and now it is just hilarious.

Married:
Last summer (2015) the hubby, myself, my dad, and bonus mom went on a week long trip to New Orleans, Louisiana. None of us had ever truly been to New Orleans and stayed overnight. Everything about the trip was great. The music, the food, the drink (even if there was a little too much, too often), the people, the sights, the sounds, everything. We stayed on Canal Street and Bourbon street was one or two streets over well within walking distance. We were also in walking distance from the river, a few museums, cafe, and boutiques.  The best part though was when Electric and I woke up pretty early (it was still morning, so early after the night before) and decided to walk down tot he infamous Cafe Du Monde. It was muggy and the cafe is completely outside. We did it 'right' and only ordered black house coffee and two orders of beignets covered in powdered sugar. 

The beignets were warm, melt in your mouth on the inside, crispy on the outside, and the only sweetness was from the powdered sugar. The coffee was smooth, but nothing too crazy from your regular (well brewed) cup. The experience itself was so fun. It was busy, crowded, loud from conversation, and true Cajun music was being played. The hubby and I talked, people watched, and just enjoyed the experience. 



Comments