1 Year + 1 Week Blogoversary and Guest Poster request!



HELLO CUSTOM TASTE Viewers!!!
Yesterday was our 1 yr blogoversary (you all will not believe how long it took me "correctly" spell that)! Yay. I know most bloggers would post about such a thing on the actual day, but when starting this baby up I did not pay too much attention to the date and felt that I should wait until today. It also sneaked up on me. I have been busy applying to an at-home job opportunity and it has taken a lot out of me. So I am giving you today!
Last year this blog started out as a hobby to record and share Mr. CT and I's kitchen experiments and adventures. It has turned out to be much more. I have met a ton of wonderful bloggers including one or two that I have made a connection with as well as having my mind opened to so many others' experiences.
This blog started barely 5 months after Mr. CT and I got married and moved to a new city. Knowing nobody this blog became my baby and a means to communicate with others. I have also gotten better at cooking in every way (which is always a plus when you are a full or part time homemaker). This blog has helped me to focus on intangible ideas. My grammar, vocabulary and all over dialogue. I have learned HTML, SEO and Google analytic. I had a wonderful chance to link-up my ideas in "Linky Parties" and had very pleasant and gracious opportunities to guest post. My newest one coming up October 8th over at Blissful and Domestic.  Most importantly, and most beneficial, this blog has helped me to get my thoughts from my brain, out. I was diagnosed with dysgraphia at the age of 8 yrs old and have always struggled with writing anything I feel or think. This blog has not only helped to overcome that but my thoughts are much more organized as well. So thank you, everyone, who has visited, let comments and made any recipes or enjoyed any post I have made! I am grateful. Now for a quick recap and plans to come.

Here is the first recipe we ever posted
Hot Roasted Vegetable w/ Cilantro
This was Mr. CT's creation and is super yummy! We make it often and use it for more as a sauce than a dipping salsa. He still wants to get his hands on some ghost peppers to give it a cannon (a kick is not enough). Luckily we are still having trouble finding some.


Here are the top 5 recipes of this past year. Recipes that you guys took a great interest in.
Dry Rub Oven Baked Pork
An oldie and a goody. We have made this a few times. What can I say we love our pork. It was also used in quiet a few soups and salads.

Easy Baked Chicken Breasts
This recipe is relatively new and extremely easy. The fact that it shot up to 2nd within a matter of days is still amazing to me.

Easy Spanish Rice
One of our favourite go to recipes. So we are glad to see that there others out there who felt the same. :)

Black Bean Tortillas
My first attempt at making an oil-free tortilla, so the fact that it became popular really encouraged me to try out more oil free tortilla ideas. Pinto Bean and Homemade are the newest ones. Hope you guys give those love as well.

Meal Idea Mondays: Shepard's Pie
We made this yummy dish in celebration for this past St. Paddy's day. We love potatoes so this was marked as a favourite. 

Cucumber Citrus Water
I still drink this regularly and love it. It really helps to wake me up and help with digestion since I eat a lot of fiber and flax seed.

Hopeful plans for the future
Food Fotos will be making a come back and Meatless Lifestyle will be changing. It would get a little tiring to get the pictures daily and then the posting always seemed to be tedious. So instead I will be doing a "Meatless Lifestyle:Meatless Meals of the week" every Monday to coincide with Meatless Mondays. Legal babble will be available as well as a whole new About page (I know, *gasp*! I haven't had one up in so long)! I will also be doing a weekly "What I learned in my first year of blogging" posts. I have learned a lot about being a blogger, how the blogging world works, how to make the most of blogging and the benefits of blogging.

Calling for guest posters!!
This Fall I will be starting training for a job that is work-at-home. I won't be able to post as frequently as I would like. SO, if any of you readers would like to contribute, I would be thrilled to have you! Even you don't have a blog but want to contribute, that is A-OKAY with me! Keeping it food related would be ideal! So food tricks, food storage, recipes, etc. are more than welcome. If you are interested email me here or a message in the comments with your idea and when you would like to post. I am looking for posters starting October 20th through November 20th.

That's it! Happy Birthday Blog! Thanks to all of you for reading!


Comments